Monday, February 9, 2009

Baja California / Mexico Cruise



In the shuttle on our way to the airport.

Playing Hearts outside the resturant! A 45 min wait is nothing when you have good weather, good company and a deck of cards!

The beloved lifejacket drill and the view from the lifeboat deck we were stuck on! That's the Queen Mary and LA is in the background.
Catalina Island Harbor and a Bird of Paradise (one of my favorite flowers).

We did a whale watching shore excursion. We saw 3 grey whales and these sea lions. We did see one of the whales jump up out of the water, but none of us were armed with our cameras yet!
Formal night. Brad's dad won BINGO! That little card was worth $500!
This picture is more for a teaching moment than a cultural display...I want Kristen and Angela to take notes from the small cardboard sign. Maybe next time we go to a spanish speaking country we will know that "propina" means "tip"... not "tax". It should save us a few bucks!
Everyone standing around El Bufadora in Ensenada, Mexico waiting for it to blow. If we look less than impressed...it's because we were! No action with low tide!
My dad and I collecting sand dollars!
Our ship and the sunset at Ensenada, Mexico.
All of us after we got off of the ship. Yeah it was pouring rain outside!
At Huntington Beach. Savvy...that's a horrible pic of me, but I love you that much!

6 comments:

  1. Calli -- I LOVE that you started a blog. I am addicted...sad huh! I didn't know you had started working days...and didn't know about you and Brad either. Where the HECK have I been? Regardless, you look very happy. :) And I gotta say....JEALOUS about the cruise!! It looks like a ton of fun!!

    You can keep an eye on us as well... our blog is: www.jmpluskidsathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! My name is even spelled right!!! I'm glad you had fun, I missed you , and I'm mad you didn't come back with a ring, but I love you both anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Callie, I love the pics!! They are so fun I want to go on another cruise!! I agree with Nanna, where is the ring?!!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, that would have saved us lots of soles! Maybe we should have paid attention more in spanish class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!!! Ryan wants to go to there so bad!!! I keep telling him, some day, some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun trip. Nice and Warm :)

    ReplyDelete